Yamanaka & Company, New York to 1896 
From 1896 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1896 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 476, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.