Cup with design of peony blossoms
Yamanaka & Company, New York to 1917 
From 1917 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company, New York in 1917 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Undated folder sheet note. Also see Original Pottery List, L. 2548, Freer Galley of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.